Sunday 15 July 2012

Announcing... Rebirth

Posted by Unknown at Sunday, July 15, 2012
Odd fact of the day: I spent five, repeat, five hours searching for the perfect pair of shoes for my son yesterday. How it happened, I still have no idea but despite my aching feet, I would do it again. The shoes are that cute.

Since no one cares, I move onto the topic of this post; my new book, Rebirth featuring a reclusive heroine and the phoenix who is weary of his duty as humanity's protector.

Anyone who hasn't heard of the mythical phoenix must be living under a rock, which is no excuse since I'm pretty sure even worms have any an internet connection down there and know about the fire bird (and I'm not talking about Jean from X-Men).

But what does all the folklore say about the phoenix? Some say it burns to a crisp every 500-1000 years and rise anew from the ashes. Others say a completely new phoenix rises after the rebirth from an egg. Some say it looks like an eagle, others a peacock. There are legends of it's tears having the power to heal any ailment, that it has the power of the sun.

I knew next to nothing about the phoenix when I started Rebirth except it had pretty flaming feathers but with the ever resourceful Google at my fingertips I was bombarded with several theories on its existence.




Two pics show the difference in appearance according to different mythologies.



My brain had no space for all the he said and she said it louder so I created my own version of the creature, his name Aiden. Something about this name makes me think of sex and smooth hairless male chests. Therefore I shall insert a pic of one for no other reason.

To those who appreciate my effort, you're welcome. To those who don't, look closer.



Soo...
Where was I?
Oh yes... the phoenix. Who is he? Existing almost as long as the birth of the fist man, Aiden has seen it all and done it all but with his immortality comes a price; loneliness.

His search for the woman who makes his existence worthwhile is futile until he literally drops on Mackenzie "Mac" Blackhorn's door step.Emotionally scarred from her past, Mac has isolated herself atop the Montana Mountains accompanied only by her art. When Aiden comes into her life, she is forced out of her shell in the hottest way, the cold of the snowy mountain unable to compete with the heat these two generate.

Lest I give away the whole story I will stop here with this closing.

Rebirth is a tale about overcoming inner demons, triumphing over past hurts and embracing the future with arms wide open. It was written to show that all the crap throws my way, your way, the world's way can be taken and made into something beautiful and worth cherishing. Like the rebirth of a phoenix, humanity as one united race has the potential to rise from its challenges of like and become stronger and wiser.

http://memegenerator.net


Look out for the cover, release date and excerpt, all coming soon.

Please leave a comment below and tell me what makes you stronger.

'Til next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nacomy's Romance Corner Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review