Thursday 26 April 2012

A Little Bit Of Me...

Posted by Unknown at Thursday, April 26, 2012
It's a sunny day (I have no idea why that is relevant information but there you have it).

I have been looking over  my blog and I've noticed a terrible, terrible trend, one that has to be stopped this instant. That is, if I don't over think the issue, decide its a bad idea thereby totally abandoning it and have a tasty snack instead. I know it may be hard to believe after that bit of info but I'm not flaky.

Okkkay, just a little bit.

*Sigh*

Maybe more than a little bit.
(Why does this sound like a therapy session or a trip to my imaginary fairy godmother's house and an "acceptance is the first step" speech?)

Anyway... Back to the topic at hand- the terrible, terrible trend. I have been withholding ME from this blog, which I know a terrible, terrible crime and sort of defeats the purpose of having created this slice of cyberspace.

Let me explain.

I have a chronic illness called socially awkward girl/woman (I feel like I'm suck somewhere in between the two sometimes) syndrome (no good (?) disease is complete without that word). I'm that girl/woman who arrives at the party unfashionably early, does the equally offensive act of leaving just as early, drinks a soft drink the entire time (no, I'm not a goody-two-shoes, I simply can't stand alcohol), stands off to the side and feels mild panic at the thought of initiating a conversation with a stranger. Now I know some of you may be wondering, is she an alien? A mutant perhaps? Actually I'm not that put off at the thought of being a mutant, just as long as I'm not grossly disfigured with something like a third eye on my chin or eating human brains for breakfast (dinner, I might be cool with). I mean, who would not want some cool superpowers although the whole "with great power comes great responsibly" bit seems not all that fun. I'm scared of centipedes. How the heck would I face off with a super villain. That would only end one way and might I say humanity would be doomed.

And.... I'm rambling....

So the point I'm trying to get across is that I realized that I moved this pattern into my blogging and to a smaller extent into my writing as well (oh, the horror and that ain't a joke). I would not say that I'm (that) shy but the idea of being the center of attention leaves me with sweaty armpits and a stammer (you can't imagine the number of times I've imagined falling down on my face, literally and figuratively, while everyone is watching) and the idea of failure is nearly crippling. So I grown into not putting myself out there, therefore I am not judged and found wanting.

Well, its time to break these self-imposed shackles (oh, I like the image). Writing and being published has helped me take a step in the right direction but I want to build on that foundation and have decided to stop filtering my thoughts here on Nacomy's Romance Corner (what do you think of NRC for short? -I like it).

So until next time with more of Nacomy and not the soul-sucking, chocolate-stealing impostor who has been writing these posts!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nacomy's Romance Corner Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review