Sunday 29 April 2012

Death Of A Brain Cell

Posted by Unknown at Sunday, April 29, 2012
Odd fact of the day.... I need to shape my eyebrows. What relevance is this to your life? Absolutely none but this is my blog and I can write what I want to.

In the last two months, I have started two books and hit a big, fat wall of reinforced concrete. Is this the phenomenon they call writer's block? If it is I have one thing to say. It sucks and not in a good way (wink, wink). Big Time.
Google image

I was in denial for a while as I tried to strike up a conversation with my imaginary friends and the computer monitor just flashed the cursor at the end of the extent of my writing that day- The . The entire time my overworked brain cried and flashed warning signs before finally giving up with with a drag queen's flare for over the top thoughts- commencing shut down in five, four, three, two, zero... (huh?)

Therefore I had to get my head out of the sand (and sand out of my ears) and acceptance followed. It was a bitter, slim covered pill to swallow.

But I refused to take it lying down, preferring to sit at the time, and came up with my plan to attack.

My solution: First, find a healthy snack to bring me to my happy place- chocolate (and yes chocolate is good for you or at least for me since it keeps me from biting anyone's head off and drinking their brains through a striped straw) and secondly, find something to keep my mind off this unfortunate turn of events. This is what I came up with.
  • Paint your toe nails. This plan will only work for females and a few select males.
  • Take a shower. We all know you been sitting in your filth for days hoping inspiration would strike. This is not an admission that I was sitting in filth... I, uh, have nothing else to say on the matter....
  • Read something completely unrelated to the genre you write. 
  • Get some much needed Vitamin D. Stop and smell the roses but don't get too close or a bee will have a battle with your nose and win! (Personal experience. Maybe... Okay no!)
  • When you feel the need to grab a pen, write utter BS. At the very least you'll have a good laugh and not beat yourself up about it not being your best work yet.
  • Get new imaginary friends who simply want to be friends and not have their stories told.
  • Sleep. You know you need it.
  • At least pretend to do the list of chores that have been piling up.
  • Seek divine intervention and finally come clean on who ate that last cookie. (No, it was not me that last time.)

Warning: This method may not work for anyone except me (and even that is still up for debate)!

As I've already stated, I am an over-thinker and  the more I dwell of this problem, the worse it gets, until I hear my brain cells start crying out from the fire I have lit under my brain (aka a migraine) and I can assure you the poor things already have enough stress keeping up with the weird randomness of my daily thoughts. While I know everyone says a true writer writes every day, I have taken a break and hope to come back with a fresh perspective and a bucket load of new ideas.

Onto better news.... I will have some news regarding Kiale Dream and Rebirth soon and a saw a rainbow yesterday.

'Til Next Time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nacomy's Romance Corner Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review