Sunday 25 September 2011

Night Owl…

Posted by Unknown at Sunday, September 25, 2011

So I am up once again after everyone has fallen asleep although I tried very hard to get to sleep. Maybe too hard. 

I am a worrier by nature and at night when I lay my head on my pillow, it’s like everything just crowds my mind vying for attention. I worry about stuff that happened that day, yesterday, a week before, tomorrow. I wish there was an off switch and I could fall fast asleep like my boyfriend. His head hits the pillow and its lights out. Instantly.

That’s a big difference between men and women. Women worry far more than men in my opinion, trying to find solutions to every problem, from how to pay the bills to which shoe to wear to work tomorrow. Men seem to have the fascinating ability to push most of their problems to the far corners of the mind, locking it up in a little box until they choose to deal with it. Well, at least mine does. It infuriates me at times. I am envious of the quality at others.

This got me thinking so I did some research. Do women worry more than men? Apparently not. It’s just that they worry differently than men. O.o...

 What the bleep does that mean?

According to scientists women use both the left and right sides of their brain to worry while men use only the left. An article on ezinearticles.com/says:
Dr. Vesna Pirec, a psychiatrist at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago says, "With both hemispheres activated in women, there are many more types of emotional reactions. And women, in times of stress, also tend to remember many more details than men would." It is tough to argue about "what really happened" with a women under stress.

Therefore, women tend to express their worries differently than men. "Women have a greater tendency to brood, with a lot of [emotions] engaged in it," says Dr. Joan Lang, chairwoman of the department of psychiatry at St. Louis University School of Medicine. "Men have a tendency to be a little more obsessive, concentrating on 'What should I do?' rather than, 'What am I feeling?"
           
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/292305

To me that equates to more worrying for women and more gray hairs but what do I know? The article went on to say it’s not that women worry more, they just express their fear and anxiety more, which in a weird way makes sense to me. You know, the whole men don’t cry mentality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nacomy's Romance Corner Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review